Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Summer Reading-Harry Potter

The importance of summer reading by our kids makes a difference for them as they begin the next school year. They also can be encouraged to read by adults modeling for them. Are you actively reading for pleasure?

I realize we all have busy schedules but it's so important for our kids to see us reading. I finished reading the final installment of Harry Potter last weekend. Why Harry Potter?

I truly believe had it not been for this series, my nephew would not be reading. I wanted to read the book that really turned him on to reading for pleasure. Not only did I enjoy it, but I went on to read all the others. Not only am I able to share the experience with him, but also with my niece who has read each book more than once.



For more information about summer reading check out http://iseablog.blogspot.com/2007/07/neas-read-across-america.html.

No comments: