Saturday, November 10, 2007

Former Student Profile:Dan Rooney


At the OSU/Texas football game, I had the thrill of reconnecting with one of my former students and golfers, Dan Rooney. Dan is currently serving in the Oklahoma Air National Guard as an F-16 fighter Pilot. Dan has served two missions in Iraq.

During the OSU game, Dan performed a fly-over with 3 other pilots. I had no idea it was Dan until the pilots were introduced at half-time. Despite the crowd, we were able to re-connect and I got to introduce Dan to my wife Katherine, my in-laws, Dwaine and Dorothy Phillips, and my brother Jon.

Dan is the brain-child of the Patriot Golf Day--an event to help raise money for wounded and fallen soldiers. For more information check the link at http://www.playgolfamerica.com/index.cfm?action=patriot&SMIDENTITY=NO. Great job Dan.

As I've said before, I'm proud of all of my former students and it's great when I'm able to see or hear from them again.




No comments: