Tuesday, January 16, 2007

2007 Oklahoma Statehood Stamp




One of my hobbies includes going to my local post office and picking up the latest stamp issues. I like to put them on letters to my nieces, nephews, and my wife for first day cover issues. First day covers are stamps postmarked with the first day of issue postmark. These letters are then delivered by the Postal Service to the recipient on the envelope.

On January 11th, the new "Oklahoma Statehood" stamp honoring our state's centennial was issued. Since I was in Overland Park, Kansas for the Western Region Leadership Conference, I wasn't able to get any of the new stamps. Today, I drove to my neighborhood post office only to find out all of the "Oklahoma" stamps had sold out this morning. Not to be deterred, I drove to the branch by the OKC Memorial where they had a number of sheets still available.

To learn more about the Oklahoma stamp, you can log on at http://www.usps.com/communications/news/press/welcome.htm. Check the release dated January 10th, 2007.

No comments: