Friday, July 31, 2009

Summer Reading Coming to a Close



I hope you've found some time during the summer months to take some time for yourself and read a good book or two. I've had some really enjoyable fiction reads including "The Doomsday Key" by James Rollins; "The Devil's Punchbowl" by Greg Iles; and I just finished "A Plague of Secrets" by John Lescroart.

All of them were good reads, and if I had to recommend them I would pick Iles first, followed by Rollins and finishing up with Lescroart.

Iles work is takes you to life in Natchez, Mississippi for corruption, gambling,prostitution, and dog fighting. He is very graphic in his writing--so be warned.

I've never read any of Rollins work but I enjoyed this story line and there are a number of ethical/real life questions that makes you really think about dealing with the earth's population.

I've always enjoyed John Lescroart's work and this is no different. Secrets continues to build on the relationship between lawyer Hardy and detective Glitzky. I was surprised when he revealed the person/s who were responsible for the crimes.

No comments: