Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Harrah and Stillwater

On Monday I was in two of our locals, Harrah and Stillwater. At Harrah, after saying hello to local President Carla Jorski, I met Dr. Dean Hughes the Superintendent. Like all educators across the state, he was very interested in hearing about the HOPE campaign.

Later in the afternoon, Dr. Anne Caine, Stillwater Superintendent, introduced OSU President Burns Hargis at the Stillwater Public Schools back-to-school meeting. President Hargis gave the crowd an entertaining oratory and than talked about OSU and Stillwater partnering together for the success of our schools. It reminded me so much of the vision of the OEA-Great Public Schools for Every Student.

The Stillwater EA meeting followed the general meeting and I was introduced by Stillwater President Shawn Gregory. I discussed the importance of Stillwater's role in the HOPE campaign and answered some questions.

I really enjoyed my visit to my former district. There are so many friends still teaching in the SPS and their work contributes to Stillwater having great public schools.

Both Carla and Shawn do a great job as local leaders and I appreciate their commitment to our profession.

No comments: